Prostitution, Solicitation And Pimping In Colorado
Aurora, Denver And Lakewood Prostitution Charges Lawyer
If you have been accused of prostitution or if you have become the victim of an undercover police operation that caught you in the wrong place at the wrong time, you need a passionate criminal defense attorney to protect your rights. At Sawyer Legal Group, LLC, we will fight for your interests and your reputation.
Please contact us online to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can help you.
Denver Prostitution, Solicitation And Pimping Definition Attorney
- Prostitution: In Denver, Colorado, a prostitution conviction requires prosecutors to prove that a person performs or offers to perform an act of sexual intercourse, fellatio, cunnilingus, masturbation or anal intercourse with any person not his spouse in exchange for money or other value.
- Solicitation: Likewise, to be convicted for soliciting for prostitution in Denver, Colorado, it must be proven that:
- A person solicits another for the purpose of prostitution
- Arranges or offers to arrange a meeting of persons for the purpose of prostitution
- Directs another to a place knowing such direction is for the purpose of prostitution
Our prostitution and soliciting for prostitution lawyers report that these charges are Class 3 misdemeanors in Colorado and have a jail sentence of up to six months and a fine of up to $5000.
- Pimping: Pimping (C.R.S. 18-7-206) is much more serious as a Class 3 felony, with possible incarceration in the Colorado Department of Corrections and a fine of up to $750,000. The criminal elements of pimping require proof that the accused:
- Knowingly lives on or is supported or maintained in whole or in part by money or another thing of value earned, received, procured or realized by any other person through prostitution.
Does A Prostitution Conviction Require Sex Offender Registration?
Denver, Westminster and Aurora, Colorado, does not consider prostitution and soliciting for prostitution “sex offenses” for the purpose of the Colorado sex offender registry. However, Patronizing a Prostituted Child, C.R.S. 18-7-406, Pimping and many other Prostitution related crimes are considered sex offenses that require sex offender registration. This necessitates sex offender supervision by a probation officer, which in many cases can be for an indeterminate period, as the state deems necessary, C.R.S. 18-1.3-1001.
Prostitution And Solicitation Attorney | Our Lawyers Fight Hard for You
The consequences of a conviction for Prostitution, C.R.S. 18-7-201, in Colorado extend far beyond the possible criminal penalties. The social stigma and shame associated with Prostitution or Soliciting for Prostitution, C.R.S. 18-7-202, can result in divorce and the loss of a job or reputation. Our Prostitution and Solicitation attorneys fight hard to require the government to overcome all defenses and prove their allegations.
Prostitution Stings For Soliciting Or Solicitation Of A Prostitute In Denver And Lakewood
The Denver Police Department and the Lakewood Police often set up stings by having women officers pretend to be prostitutes or employees of massage parlors. They advertise escort services on Backpage. These undercover operations can give rise to the legal defense of entrapment. Always have your case studied for this defense which can result in the dismissal of your case or our acquittal at trial. Our Prostitution defense attorneys know the requirements of Entrapment and can tell you if this defense will be effective in your Solicitation charges case.
Call Our Prostitution Lawyers For A No-Cost Meeting in our Office
Don’t let the Denver, Lakewood or Wheat Ridge government invade your sexual privacy to tear down your marriage or career. Defend against these threats. If you have been charged with Solicitation, Soliciting, Prostitution, or Pimping, be smart, exercise your right to remain silent, and call us today at 303-731-0719. Together, we can protect your future.