Photo Of Attorney Kyle B. Sawyer
Photo Of Attorney Kyle B. Sawyer

Charged With A Crime? It Doesn’t Mean You’re Guilty.

Minor in Possession of Alcohol in Colorado – What Should I Do If My Child Was Charged?

by | Dec 21, 2018 | Minor in Possession of Alcohol |


Denver Lawyer for Minor in Possession Charges

Minor in Possession charges are often the last thing on a teenager’s mind when they are at a party with their friends. Most minors feel invincible to the law until they are caught, and even then some do not learn their lesson. Freshmen in college will be caught smoking marijuana in the dorms, only to be reported to the campus police by their resident assistant. Perhaps your child thought they were fine to drive after a single drink and were pulled over by a Denver Sheriff. Regardless of the circumstances, if your child was caught in possession of drugs or alcohol and is facing charges of Illegal Possession or Consumption of Ethyl Alcohol or Marijuana by an Underage Person, it is imperative to their future that you contact an experienced defense lawyer as soon as possible.

Underage Drinking Charges in Adams County – Why Should I Hire a Lawyer?

Your child has so much of their life still ahead of them. In order to succeed on their own, they are going to need to interview for jobs and apply for housing. If your child is in high school still, perhaps they are looking at applying for college. The majority of interviews and applications these days require a background check. An employer in Adams County will be able to see arrest records, court records, and any convictions on their criminal record. Depending on the circumstances of the underage drinking, even more charges could pile up, for example, if they were drinking on private property or a campus, if they drove afterwards, if they were providing drugs or alcohol to their friends, or if it was a second or subsequent offense. While your child might accept the consequences of fines and substance abuse programs, they might not understand what these charge or convictions on their records can have. A defense attorney can help you seal your child’s criminal records, or even expunge the records all together.

Expunge a Criminal Record in Jefferson County – What Does Expungement Mean?

If your child has been charged with a Minor in Possession in Jefferson County, it may be possible to expunge their criminal record. Expungement essentially means erasing one’s criminal record, as if it never existed. It makes it inaccessible to the public, employers, or anyone running a background check. Even if your child is asked if they committed the crime that has been expunged, they can legally say no. Having one’s juvenile delinquent records expunged can help them move forward and not have mistakes they made as a teenager affect them for years to come.

Defense Attorney for Minor in Possession and Expungement in Arapahoe County

If your child was charged with a Minor in Possession of Alcohol or Marijuana in Arapahoe County, and you would like to ensure that their best defense is put forward, contact the law office of Sawyer Legal Group today. We can also help you start the process of Expunging their record if it applies to their case. Call us today at 303-731-0719. Together, we can protect your child’s future.